Milk is one of the most loved and healthy drinks in the world. Billions of litres are consumed globally every day. Cow’s milk is the most popular and renowned type of milk. However, there is another version of milk that has many more benefits than cow milk.
Though from a much smaller animal, goat milk is packed with powerful and healthier nutrients than cow’s milk. The 2% global consumption of goat milk may seem negligible statistically, but that does not in any way diminish its true value.
Beware of Cow’s Milk!
Before delving into the amazing advantages of goat milk, it is important to ponder the serious disadvantages of cow milk. Did you know that part of the reason many of us have bloated tummies and chronic indigestion is because of our constant consumption of cow’s milk?
This is hardly surprising to those who understand the modern process of milk production. Unlike conventional practices where cows are fed on grass, the modern animal consumes a concoction of antibiotics, vaccines, growth hormones and GMO feed. This is what you get for taking pasteurized milk, which ostensibly, is supposed to be safer.
So, Why is Goat Milk More Beneficial?
Our interest is particularly on the raw, fresh, unpasteurized and organic version of cow’s milk.
- Goat milk is easy to digest, compared to cow milk: This is because the fat molecules in cow milk are much larger than those in goat milk. When food is easily digestible you get most of the nutrients from it. We are so much used to cow’s milk that we don’t realize there is a better alternative.
- It averts accumulation of mucus: Most people who experience more-than-normal mucus and various allergies do so because of taking cow milk. The high content of fat in milk is responsible for the secretion of excess mucus. In addition, goat milk does not cause gut irritation like cow milk.
- It keeps diseases at bay: There several foods and nutrients that boost the immune system and goat milk and inherent selenium, fall into this category. People who take goat experience better disease-fighting abilities and have strong bodies, performing optimally.
- Goat milk has anti-inflammatory abilities: While this is the subject of on-going research, there is a close link between reduction of inflammation in the body and consuming goat milk. Bowel inflammation is one condition that would be significantly reversed if people took goat milk.
- It is more similar to human milk than cow milk: You may be too old to remember how your mother’s milk tasted but you know the amazing and essential benefits of this substance especially in the first six months after birth. Goat milk is not only easy to digest; it is also assimilated more efficiently than cow milk; just like human milk. This also means that you absorb most of the nutrients in goat milk.
- Goat milk boosts metabolism: Goat milk is important especially for people with low metabolism because it helps to absorb nutrients such as iron, phosphorus, copper, calcium, potassium and vitamin B. This implies that for equal amounts of goat and cow milk, you benefit much more from the former than from the latter, and this means better body metabolism.
- It is essential for general body growth and development: If you need protein in large amounts, goat milk fits the bill. The implication is that your body will have healthier muscle, cells, tissues and bones. Moreover, as your metabolism improves, you will enjoy improved well-being and normal body growth.
- Goat milk boosts bone-health: It is a documented fact that cow milk contains calcium, an important mineral for strengthening of bones in our bodies. But the amount of calcium in goat milk is far higher than that which you get from cow milk. What more? You will also get tryptophan, a crucial amino acid for body functioning, when you take goat milk.
- Your heart is healthier with goat milk intake: The amount of fatty acids in goat milk is two-fold what you find in cow milk. This means that goat milk can significantly lower the amount of cholesterol in your body. These fatty acids together with potassium ensure that when you take goat milk you are at a much more reduced risk from heart attacks, coronary diseases, strokes, blood pressure and many other complications of the cardiovascular system.
- Goat milk is likely to be less toxic than cow milk: Contemporary methods of rearing cows entail the use of hormones that boost milk production in an abnormal manner, and these hormones can easily harm you. In contrast, goat milk is produced naturally and all its nutrients are intact by the time you drink it.
Now you know it! Goat milk may not be as tasty as cow milk and may not be as widely accepted, but the former contains much more benefits. Tyr it today and you will be glad you did.
Your Grace Guru