The world of wealth creation has undergone many changes in recent days to the extent that people now know that there is a science behind this endeavour. In essence, to become wealthy you need more than investment and prudent management of your savings. Attracting wealth is now understood to be a matter of mentality. While this does not mean that you discard what you already know about wealth creation, it places upon you the obligation to seek for more information on how you can attract wealth.
It All Begins With Beliefs
Over the years, we have known that what we believe influences how we live. You are the sum of your beliefs and pertinent action. But let us concentrate on the beliefs part because it determines how we behave and whether we can attract wealth or not. When you hold some beliefs very closely to your heart you tend to act to actualise your convictions.
Ideology, dogma, philosophy or whatever you call it, can be a power for good or evil in your life. We have witnessed what deranged religious extremists are doing in Iraq and Syria owing to mistaken interpretation of religious beliefs. Conversely, many schools, hospitals, orphanages, hospices and other forms of charity are there to help the disadvantaged thanks to people who subscribe to one form of religion or the other. In essence, faith and belief can become powers for good.
Let us now return to the issue of money. Did you know what you believe about money may give or deny you this important measure of wealth? I know you may not have thought seriously about this but some of the belief you hold about money are the reason you have stagnated monetarily. I also need to point out that you many not even be aware of these beliefs. You may have held them for so long that you have come to assume they are true even when they are mere negative perceptions.
For you to have the mentality that attracts wealth, you must first understand and assess what you believe. You cannot have mistaken and negative beliefs about money and expect to attract it to you. It is hard for you to go around taking ill of money and expect it will naturally come to you. Unfortunately, many of us have never taken time to scrutinise what they believe about money and the repercussions of such perceptions.
Remember the more you believe in something the more you are likely to defend it and live according to its dictates. Consequently, those who have adopted the right mentality will continue to attract more wealth, while those who choose to have negative beliefs about money will end up lacking it most of the time.
Money Beliefs To Avoid
As I said before, you are likely not to even know that what you believe is causing you some disadvantage. That is why some of the mistaken beliefs I will cite will catch some readers off guard.
- Have you ever heard someone say that they will never become rich? You may even be one of those who say so. Perhaps you said it in jest as you interacted with other people. But words have power behind them. As you repeat these words or similar statements they become ingrained in your mind and become beliefs. Eventually such beliefs become strong cords that bind you to lack, scarcity and poverty.
- You may also have come across people who say that there is scarcity in the world and that resources are never enough. This is another pitfall that you may have fallen into without even realising it. Some of these beliefs are inherited from our parents. We were taught to share and to know that we can never have enough of what we want. Somehow, we came to project that into our monetary lives and it became a self-fulfilling prophesy.
- Once you believe this crap, not even time will be adequate for you. You will always be rushing and never accomplishing what you planned to. You see, your mind must find resources inadequate so that you don’t think you are insane. You have to see and experience what you have always believed to be true.
- Did someone ever tell you that money does not grow on trees? And you believed what they told you – essentially that money is not as abundant as leaves and you would rather make do with what you have. By the way, it is true that money does not grow on trees. But that is where the problem lies. Trees are everywhere; if you cannot see trees, you are in a desert. This is the definition of poverty and lack. You will come across money on rare occasions because it will not be available on the few trees in your world.
- Another fallacy about money is a derived from the good book. You must have heard people saying money is the root of all evil. What naysayers don’t tell you is that the root of all evil is the love of money, not money itself. What this kind of belief does to you is to make you hate money. You view it as the reason you and the rest of humanity are in constant pain. How then will money become your friend if you hate it?
Affirmations To Counter Negative Beliefs On Wealth
The best way to counter self-limiting beliefs, that tie you strongly to poverty, is to create positive affirmations that you can recite and replace with misconceptions.
- If you have always believed you will never become rich, begin to create affirmations that you are going to overcome your situation. Craft your statement to remind you that you are living abundantly even now. This will create the right atmosphere for you to attract wealth into your life.
- Instead of believing and saying that you don’t have enough money, create an affirmation to indicate that you are grateful for what you have. Let it sink into your mind that you appreciate whatever you have accumulated up to now. Gratitude is a powerful strategy for attracting wealth, good fortune and wellbeing.
- If you have been saying that you have no time to do everything that you have to, it is time to create an affirmation that will replace this negative belief. I know you believe you have a lot on your hands every day to the extent that you have to multitask. However, you need to understand that multitasking accomplishes much less compared to concentrating on one task. You are better off believing and affirming that you have enough time to do all that is facing you. That way you will fill your mind with thoughts of abundance.
- They have been telling you that money does not grow on trees. Create an affirmative statement to counter this. Tell yourself every day that money is flowing abundantly in your life. Do not talk about lack but availability of money.
- You have believed that money is the root of all evil, but now you know that that is a fallacy. You need to affirm that you have enough money. Your affirmation should emphasize that all you financial needs are met within your current situation. This will create a situation in which money is abundant in your life. Create an affirmation that money will be the source of good things for you.
Crucial Exercises For People With A Mentality To Create Wealth
- Write down all the limitations you find in your life, especially by noting how you feel about various issues related to wealth such as money and your job. Be very sincere as you do this. Write what comes into your mind and study the material to see whether there are any trends.
- Now transform each of the negatives into a positive because every drawback is an opportunity to learn and grow. Ensure you find the silver lining in every limitation that is making you not achieve your wealth targets.
- Practice creating visual images of the person you want to become. Set aside a quiet time when you can create mental pictures. Where possible, have real pictures of the house you want to live in, the holiday destination you want to visit and so on.
- Write down your affirmations in positive terms. Take time to craft them in the best language that appeals to your mind and which you can even memorize. Make a copy that you can post on the wall in your bedroom or other convenient place. Carry a copy of your affirmations in your wallet. Have another copy in your computer or phone.
- Create an appropriate time to recite your affirmations, preferably first thing in the morning and before you sleep in the evening. However, during the day, take time to read through the affirmations on your computer, phone or the note in your wallet.
In conclusion, you can only attract wealth if you have the right mentality and this implies changing your negative beliefs into positive ones!!
Your Grace Guru